Sunday, January 25, 2009

We went to another Baha'i children's class today. Every week a different class gets to go upfront and say prayers using the microphone. This week it was Sasha's class's turn. I asked her if she wanted to say a prayer and she said "yes, I want to say the Healing prayer". There's a video of this on youtube (link on the right).

The Healing prayer, written by Baha'u'llah, is as follows:

Thy name is my healing, O my God, and remembrance of Thee is my remedy. Nearness to Thee is my hope, and love for Thee is my companion. Thy mercy to me is my healing and my succor in both this world and the world to come. Thou, verily, art the All-Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.

Here she is with her friends at the Baha'i Center:




Every so often James and Sasha go out on a date together, just the two of them. They hope to make this a life-long tradition!
James, with his excellent and diverse taste, introduces new foods to her often. Here she's eating one of her favorite things: Miso soup and Edamame!



Learning to use chopsticks:



She met two little boys at the restaurant and fell in love with the littlest one:



Playing at home:



We filled up her play sink with water. She loved it! She kept filling her little tea kettle with water, pretending it was lemonade, then tea, then hot chocolate. We were very hydrated that day!



It's so cute to see her drawings, especially when she draws the arms coming out from the head. For this drawing I asked her if those were the ears, which I think got her thinking that arms don't come out of the head. But then she fixed it by drawing ears just above the arms. Adorable!



I couldn't stop staring at her while she typed on the computer. So I took a picture to freeze that moment in time:



We went to a birthday party for one of her school friends, Julia. The party was in a gym filled with obstacle courses, a foam pit, lots of jumping areas and ropes...etc. Needless to say, they all had a blast! Sasha was fearless, as usual. She jumps off anything, no matter how high.



1 comment:

Julie McKinney said...

My heart just melted watching her say the Healing Prayer!